About Trips Top 10 Lists References Recent Changes Email Me
Sightings arranged by: Taxonomy Location Date Scientific Name
Acritoscincus trilineatus — Western Three-lined Skink
Also known as:
Southwestern Cool Skink, Cool Skink
This species has bounced between the genus Acritoscincus and the genus Bassiana.
These skinks are called “cool skinks” because they live in the cooler southern parts of Australia. This one was missing its back right leg, but was still very quick to try to squirm away from my attempts to photograph it.
Ive written up an account of this three-week trip to Australia here.
- Bassiana trilineata account on iNaturalist
- Bush, B., Maryan, B., Browne-Cooper, R., Robinson, D. 2007. Reptiles and Frogs in the Bush: Southwestern Australia
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles & Amphibians of Australia, Seventh Edition
- Wilson, S. K., Knowles, D. 1988. Australia's Reptiles: A Photographic Reference to the Terrestrial Reptiles of Australia
- Wilson, S. and Swan, G. 2017. A Complete Guide to Reptiles of Australia, Fifth Edition