Holcosus undulatus — Rainbow Ameiva
Also known as:
Barred Whiptail, Metallic Ameiva
This species was recently moved into the genus Holcosus; it was formerly known as Ameiva undulata.
This ameiva was at the roadside near the Palenque Garabito restaurant where we stopped briefly for a final pit stop before leaving the Pan-American Highway for the long and bumpy dirt road up to the Monteverde Cloud Forest.
- Beletsky, L. 1998. Costa Rica: The Ecotraveller's Wildlife Guide
- Campbell, J. A. 1998. Amphibians and Reptiles of Northern Guatemala, the Yucatán, and Belize
- Hayes, M. P., Pounds, J. A., Timmerman, W. W. 1989. An Annotated List and Guide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Monteverde, Costa Rica
- Lee, J. C. 1996. The Amphibians and Reptiles of the Yucatán Peninsula
- Lee, J. C. 2000. A Field Guide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of the Maya World
- Savage, J. M. 2002. The Amphibians and Reptiles of Costa Rica
- Savage, J. M., Villa R., J. 1986. Introduction to the Herpetofauna of Costa Rica