This species is infamous for its almost complete annihilation of the native birdlife of Guam. David Quammen tells this story terrifically in The Song of the Dodo, one of my all-time favorite books. You owe it to yourself to read this book if you care about wildlife.
Here is a complete list of the reptiles and frogs I saw on this trip to Australia.
Ive written up an account of this three-week trip to Australia here.
- The USGS has a comprehensive account of the Brown Tree Snake vs. Guam story here
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles & Amphibians of Australia, Seventh Edition
- Hoser, R. T. 1989. Australian Reptiles & Frogs
- Swan, G. 1995. A Photographic Guide to Snakes & Other Reptiles of Australia
- Wilson, S. K., Knowles, D. 1988. Australia's Reptiles: A Photographic Reference to the Terrestrial Reptiles of Australia