Calumma oshaughnessyi — O’Shaugnessy’s Chameleon
We found this one by flashlight. I shoulda taken a picture. What was I thinking?
I continue to be surprised by how much better chameleons are at camouflaging themselves during the day then they are camouflaging themselves during the night. I'm thankful for it mind you, but surprised.
Here is a list of all the reptiles and frogs I saw on this trip to Madagascar.
- Glaw, F., Vences, M. 2007. A Field Guide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar, Third Edition
- Glaw, F., Vences, M. 1994. A Fieldguide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar, Second Edition
- Henkel, F., Schmidt, W. 2000. Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar and the Mascarene, Seychelles, and Comoro Islands
- Martin, J., Wolfe, A. 1992. Masters of Disguise: A Natural History of Chameleons
- Necas, P. 1999. Chameleons: Nature's Hidden Jewels