Concinnia tenuis — Bar-sided Skink
Some other names for this species:
Bar-sided Forest Skink, Silver Skink
This species was formerly placed in the genus Eulamprus.
on grounds of Mt. Glorious Getaway Cottages, Queensland, Australia—February 18, 2003
I ran across a small colony of these skinks inhabiting a pile of long rusty metal pipes.
This skink was formerly included in the genus Sphenomorphus.
Here is a complete list of the reptiles and frogs I saw on this trip to Australia.
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles & Amphibians of Australia, Seventh Edition
- Hoser, R. T. 1989. Australian Reptiles & Frogs
- Swan, G. 1995. A Photographic Guide to Snakes & Other Reptiles of Australia
- Wilson, S. K., Knowles, D. 1988. Australia's Reptiles: A Photographic Reference to the Terrestrial Reptiles of Australia
- Wilson, S. and Swan, G. 2017. A Complete Guide to Reptiles of Australia, Fifth Edition