Eutropis madaraszi — Sri Lankan Bronze Skink
Also known as:
We toured Yala National Park, as so many people do, in a 4WD jeep rather than on foot. Elephants and leopards and such, you know. So I didn't get very many pictures of herps from Yala, but I managed to get this one of what I assumed was the same widespread and common skink species that I had been seeing elsewhere in Sri Lanka.
What I didn't know at the time was that a 2016 paper had split up that formerly widespread and common species into three. This ended up being the only photo I got of the newly-redefined Eutropis madaraszi.
- Eutropis madaraszi account on The Reptile Database
- Eutropis madaraszi account on iNaturalist
- Sudesh Batuwita, 2016. Description of Two New Species of Eutropis (Reptilia: Scincidae) from Sri Lanka with a Redescription of Eutropis madaraszi (Mehely)
- Somaweera, R., Somaweera, N. 2009. Lizards of Sri Lanka: A Colour Guide with Field Keys
- de Silva, A., Ukuwela, K. 2017. A Naturalist's Guide to the Reptiles of Sri Lanka