These chameleons vary in appearance from beautiful greens and yellows to outrageously colorful patterns. This species does well in degraded habitat and is considered a "follower of civilization".
Here is a list of all the reptiles and frogs I saw on this trip to Madagascar.
- Abate, A., and Abate, E. 2004. The Chameleons of Madagascar (DVD)
- Glaw, F., Vences, M. 1994. A Fieldguide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar, Second Edition
- Glaw, F., Vences, M. 2007. A Field Guide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar, Third Edition
- Henkel, F., Schmidt, W. 2000. Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar and the Mascarene, Seychelles, and Comoro Islands
- Martin, J., Wolfe, A. 1992. Masters of Disguise: A Natural History of Chameleons
- Necas, P. 1999. Chameleons: Nature's Hidden Jewels
- Preston-Mafham, K. 1991. Madagascar: A Natural History
- Rogner, M. 1997. Lizards