Fejervarya limnocharis — Asian Grass Frog
Some other names for this species:
Indian Cricket Frog, Boie’s Wart Frog, Rice Field Frog, Field Frog, Grass Frog, Rice Frog, Common Pond Frog
This widespread South Asian species likely contains a large number of cryptic species.
This is a widespread and common frog species in southeast Asia, so when I saw a few of them on my first night in Malaysia I assumed they would see many more on subsequent nights. But I did not see any others, so it's a good thing I got some photos on that first night.
This frog has pretty good camouflage in the mud.
I'm afraid that this frog might get startled, jump forward, and smack its nose on that rock.
- Fejervarya limnocharis account on Frogs of Borneo
- Fejervarya limnocharis account on Amphibian Species of the World
- Fejervarya limnocharis account on Ecology Asia
- Fejervarya limnocharis account on Amphibians & Reptiles of Peninsular Malaysia
- Das, I. 2002. An Introduction to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Tropical Asia
- Manthey, U., Grossmann, W. 1997. Amphibien & Reptilien Südostasiens