Minervarya kirtisinghei — Mountain Paddy Field Frog
Also known as:
You will sometimes find this frog filed under Fejervarya kirtisinghei or even, if you are lucky, Zakerana kirtisinghei.
This handsome Sri Lankan endemic is found in or near water at reasonably high elevations. It is a frog that knows it can jump, and is therefore self-confident enough to sometimes hold still for a photo or three.
- Minervarya kirtisinghei account on AmphibiaWeb
- Minervarya kirtisinghei account on Amphibian Species of the World
- Minervarya kirtisinghei account on iNaturalist
- Dicroglossidae overview on Amphibians of Sri Lanka
- Eugenia Sanchez, S. D. Biju, Mohammed M. Islam, Mahmudul Hasan, Annemarie Ohler, Miguel Vences & Atsushi Kurabayashi, 2018. Phylogeny and classification of fejervaryan frogs (Anura: Dicroglossidae)