Malayopython reticulatus — Reticulated Python
Also known as:
Older references call this species Python reticulatus. Also, it was called Broghammerus reticulatus for a while, before the reptile world came to its senses.
Subspecies I've seen:
M. r. reticulatus
Malayopython reticulatus reticulatus — Reticulated Python
Reticulated Pythons grow longer than any other snakes in the world (as far as we know, anyway). But this one, which Kurt spotted swimming in a stream, was just a youngster, maybe four feet long or so. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a great big one someday, but these young ones are more beautiful.
- Malayopython reticulatus account on The Reptile Database
- Malayopython reticulatus account on Ecology Asia
- Malayopython reticulatus account on Amphibians & Reptiles of Peninsular Malaysia
- Das, I. 2010. A Field Guide to the Reptiles of South-east Asia
- Das, I. 2002. An Introduction to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Tropical Asia
- Das, I. 2012. A Naturalist's Guide to the Snakes of South-east Asia
- Stuebing, R. B., Inger, R. F., Lardner, B. 2014. A Field Guide to the Snakes of Borneo, Second Edition
- Swan, G. 1995. A Photographic Guide to Snakes & Other Reptiles of Australia