Polypedates macrotis — Dark-eared Treefrog
Some other names for this species:
Brown-striped Treefrog, Baram Whipping Frog, Bongao Treefrog
This medium-sized treefrog is readily identifiable by the dark brown irregular stripe from the back of the eye, across the tympanum, and back past the shoulders.
This was one of the relatively few frog species that I saw both in Peninsular Malaysia and in Borneo.
This one has much less of a mottled pattern, but I'm still reasonably confident that it's the same species.
- Polypedates macrotis account on Amphibians & Reptiles of Peninsular Malaysia
- Polypedates macrotis account on AmphibiaWeb
- Polypedates macrotis account on Frogs of Borneo
- Polypedates macrotis account on Ecology Asia
- Inger, R. F., Stuebing, R. B., Grafe, T. U., Dehling, J. M. 2017. A Field Guide to the Frogs of Borneo, Third Edition
- Wahab, T. B., Das, I., Min, P. Y., Haas, A. 2014. A Photographic Guide to Frogs of Kubah National Park