Phelsuma madagascariensis — Madagascar Day Gecko
This charming fellow kept the bug count low on the front porch of our room. Or perhaps I should say "lower".
Among the various geckos hanging out on the grounds of this small rainforest lodge were a few impressively large specimens of Phelsuma madagascariensis. This one was keeping us entertained while we ate lunch.
Here is a list of all the reptiles and frogs I saw on this trip to Madagascar.
- Bradt, H., Schuurman, D., Garbutt, N. 1996. Madagascar Wildlife: A Visitor's Guide
- Glaw, F., Vences, M. 2007. A Field Guide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar, Third Edition
- Glaw, F., Vences, M. 1994. A Fieldguide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar, Second Edition
- Henkel, F., Schmidt, W. 2000. Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar and the Mascarene, Seychelles, and Comoro Islands
- Preston-Mafham, K. 1991. Madagascar: A Natural History
- Rogner, M. 1997. Lizards