Pseudophilautus schneideri — Schneider’s Shrub Frog
This is yet another in the seemingly endless series of Pseudophilautus species that have been described in the last 15 years or so. This species emerged from academia in 2011. My guide Udaya Chanaka studied with one of the two authors of the paper that described the species, and also used that same author (Kellum Manamendra-Arachchi) as a resource to help ID my frog photos, so I'm pretty confident about the ID. An attractive little frog. I have nothing bad to say about Pseudophilautus schneideri.
- Pseudophilautus schneideri account on AmphibiaWeb
- Pseudophilautus schneideri account on iNaturalist
- Pseudophilautus schneideri account on Amphibian Species of the World
- Rhacophoridae overview on Amphibians of Sri Lanka
- Madhava Meegaskumbura & Kelum Manamendra-Arachchi, 2011. Two new species of shrub frogs (Rhacophoridae: Pseudophilautus) from Sri Lanka