We saw two individuals. The first, orangeish one is an adult female that our guide found in the middle of the forest. It was heading straight up a vine when we momentarily detained it for a few photos. The second, turquoise one is an adult male that was just off a trail. It's busy munching a grasshopper. The fourth photograph here was taken by my wife Monica Rua.
Here is a list of all the reptiles and frogs I saw on this trip to Madagascar.
- Abate, A., and Abate, E. 2004. The Chameleons of Madagascar (DVD)
- Bradt, H., Schuurman, D., Garbutt, N. 1996. Madagascar Wildlife: A Visitor's Guide
- Glaw, F., Vences, M. 2007. A Field Guide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar, Third Edition
- Glaw, F., Vences, M. 1994. A Fieldguide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar, Second Edition
- Henkel, F., Schmidt, W. 2000. Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar and the Mascarene, Seychelles, and Comoro Islands
- Martin, J., Wolfe, A. 1992. Masters of Disguise: A Natural History of Chameleons
- Necas, P. 1999. Chameleons: Nature's Hidden Jewels
- Preston-Mafham, K. 1991. Madagascar: A Natural History