Pseudacris hypochondriaca — Baja California Treefrog
Also known as:
Baja California Chorus Frog
Some authorities place this species in genus Hyliola. Also, this species was split from Pseudacris regilla a while back, and some authorities (e.g. amphibiaweb.org) do not accept this split.
Subspecies I've seen:
P. h. hypochondriaca
Northern Baja California Treefrog
Pseudacris hypochondriaca hypochondriaca — Northern Baja California Treefrog
This tiny froglet was hopping about at the edge of one of the few permanent streams in Anza-Borrego. I looked around for adult frogs, but found only metamorphs like this one, along with some equally tiny toads.
- Pseudacris hypochondriaca hypochondriaca account on CaliforniaHerps.com
- Pseudacris hypochondriaca account on Amphibian Species of the World
- Crother, B. I. (ed.) 2017. Scientific and Standard English Names of Amphibians and Reptiles of North America North of Mexico, with Comments Regarding Confidence in Our Understanding, Eighth Edition
- Elliott, L., Gerhardt, C. and Davidson, C. 2009. The Frogs and Toads of North America
- Miller, A. H., Stebbins, R. C. 1973. The Lives of Desert Animals in Joshua Tree National Monument
- Stebbins, R. C. 2003. Peterson Field Guide to Western Reptiles and Amphibians, Third Edition